CHAPTER XIII - SOCIAL SECURITY
66. Appropriate Governments and local authorities to undertake rehabilitation -
- The appropriate Governments and the local authorities shall within the limits of their economic capacity and development undertake or cause to be undertaken rehabilitation of all persons with disabilities.
- For purposes of sub-section (1), the appropriate Governments and local authorities shall grant financial assistance to non-governmental organizations.
- The appropriate Governments and local authorities while formulating rehabilitation policies shall consult the non-governmental organizations working for the cause of persons with disabilities.
67. Insurance scheme for employees with disabilities -
- The appropriate Government shall by notification frame an insurance scheme for the benefit of its employees with disabilities.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the appropriate Government may instead of framing an insurance scheme frame an alternative security scheme for its employees with disabilities.
68. Unemployment allowance. -
The appropriate Governments shall within the limits of their economic capacity and development shall by notification frame a scheme for payment of an unemployment allowance to persons with disabilities registered with the Special Employment Exchange for more than two years and who could not be placed in any gainful occupation.
<< Back to PWD Act