CHAPTER IX - RESEARCH AND MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT
48. Research -
The appropriate Governments and local authorities shall promote and sponsor research, inter alia, in the following areas -
- prevention of disability;
- rehabilitation including community based rehabilitation;
- development of assistive devices including their psycho-social aspects;
- job identification;
- on site modifications in offices and factories.
49. Financial incentives to Universities to enable them to undertake research -
The appropriate Governments shall provide financial assistance to universities, other institutions of higher learning, professional bodies and non-Governmental research units or institutions, for undertaking research for special education rehabilitation and manpower development.
<< Back to PWD Act