- Quasi-judicial function – Power of Civil Court under Code of Civil Procedure, 1908;
- Monitoring of funds – disbursed by Central Government for the welfare and empowerment of persons with disabilities (Divyangjan);
- Monitoring of Implementation of the provisions of RPwD Act, 2016.
- Study treaties – National and International Treaties on the rights of persons with disabilities and make recommendations for their effective implementation;
- To Undertake and promote research on the rights of persons with disabilities;
- To promote Awareness about rights and protection available for persons with disabilities;
- Submission of Annual Report to the Central Government.
- Summoning and enforcing the attendance of witnesses;
- Discovery and production of any documents;
- Calling any public record or copy thereof from any court or office;
- Receiving evidence on affidavits; and
- Issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents.